Machine Parts Painter
Icon Aerospace islooking for a Painter to join our manufacturing team in Indian Trail, NC. This position will perform paint and surface prep operations for painting.
Individuals with automotive, boat, or component paint experience are highly encouraged to apply.
- Prepare surfaces to be coated by using industry accepted cleaning methods.
- Prepare parts for painting by making, hanging items on racks and large items on carts or fixtures. Move items to drying areas, prep parts for further painting or assembly.
- Mix painting materials with reducers, thinners, and hardeners to correct ratios.
- Use spray guns and professional painting techniques to apply paint to parts including base coat primers and final paint finish and adherence standards.
- Adhere to all OSHA procedures with respect to the storage and handling of materials in the area.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Must be able to follow process and procedures as well as a production schedule.
- Must work well as a team member, individual, good communication skills, motivated and dependable.
- High School education or GED required.
- Basic Math Skills
- Be able to work in an independent work setting while meeting your goals
Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Manage and maintain a clean work area.
- Work safely at all times.
- Maintain tools and equipment at the highest level.
- Operate paint booth, mixing, paint equipment.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and up to 15 pounds above shoulder height on an as needed basis.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening along with random screenings.
As a Technician, you be responsible for the repair and testing of aerospace components in accordance with company specifications. This includes the use of precision tools, fixtures, and measuring equipment to perform assembly, inspections, calibration, and tests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform overhaul and repairs to components and sub-components.
- Perform testing of mechanical and hydraulic sub-assemblies.
- Repair detailed parts in accordance with approved data and repair instructions.
- Must be able to conduct and interpret functional tests of electrical systems in accordance with blueprints, worksheets, manufacturer's installation manuals and engineering drawings.
- Ability to operate various equipment with proper training, i.e. hydraulic test stands, media blasters, pneumatic and hydraulic presses etc...
- Complete all required maintenance records as stated in the Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals.
Education and/or work Experience Requirements:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Mechanical experience required
- Preferred knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment and exercise good judgement in maintenance, quality, and safety.
ICON Aerospace is looking for an in-office Buyer to support the purchasing and quoting of aircraft components for its repair station located in Indian Trail, NC.
No relocation package is available.
- Coordinate the procurement cycle from purchase request to payment of invoice.
- Align supplier schedules with facility needs.
- Obtain schedule and delivery confirmations from suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Status purchase orders.
- Coordinate material shortages, expedites, updates and change orders with suppliers.
- Monitor supplier delivery and quality performance.
- Participate in negotiations of long-term agreements with suppliers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers.
- Create and present metrics and supporting reports to suppliers, peers, and managers.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be a U.S. Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder.
- 2+ years of prior relevant buyer experience HIGHLY preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience using an ERP system.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the company externally.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to negotiate, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
- Self-directed and action-oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Vacation/sick days
Tag Aero, a fast-growing FAA Repair Station is seeking an APU technician preferably with previous APU build experience.
Must have full set of basic standard hand tools and minimum 2 years’ experience working with APU and APU related items. Position is full time with competitive wages and benefits package eligibility after 90 days. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Strong technical background.
Ability to read, write and understand English.
Perform maintenance and modification tasks on Aircraft Auxiliary Power Units and all subcomponents in accordance with the current technical data provided in the manufacturers’ Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, Services Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, Standard Practices Manual, industry standard practices, and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA.
Able to properly use all tools and equipment, including inspection aids, used within their assigned area of responsibility.
Properly record the work performed on the appropriate maintenance record.
Efficiently execute technical duties as assigned by the Production Manager and/or department lead.
Able to work independently and within a team.
Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week (day shift) with the ability to work overtime as requested by management.
Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
FAA Powerplant certificate preferred, but not required.
Job Type: Full-time.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday